A Retirement Community with Something for Everyone
- News & Events
Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find a way to stay active at Horizon House. To see our latest happenings, just click one of the links below. For past news and events, click on the View Archives link at the bottom of the page.
Horizon House and KCTS TV 9 have been partners for more than a decade. Not only do we provide underwriting support to our local public television station, but many of our Horizon House residents and staff “star” in KCTS’ own spots.
- Resident Margaret Rothchild’s May 2017 spot in support of KCTS
- Resident Eric Rothchild’s May 2017 spot in support of KCTS
- CEO Sara McVey’s May 2016 spot in support of KCTS
- Horizon House’s 2016 spot on KCTS
- CEO Sara McVey’s 2015-16 spot in support of KCTS
- May 27, 2020 – Amazon Device Technology ‘on the Horizon’ for Horizon House Continuing Care Retirement Community thanks to partnership with K4Connect
Horizon House, known for its forward thinking approach to senior living, has added “Possibility Papers” to our communications. Like “white papers” – we hope they provide useful information for consumers and colleagues on a variety of creative aging topics.
- A Commitment to Community, March 2017. Read more.
- Fit for Growth – Facing the Future, December 2016. Read more.
- Diversity at Horizon House, A Work in Progress, July 2016. Read more.
- Committed to Green, Horizon House a Leader in Sustainability, April 2016. Read more.
- Resident-Driven! A Key Aspect of Life at Horizon House, February-March 2016. Read more.
- Good & Good for You, Healthy Eating Supports a Healthy Planet, January 2016. Read more.
- Supported Living, An Innovative Health Care Model, November 2015. Read more.C
- Horizon House Announces New Lineup of Vice Presidents
- Horizon House Hires Scott Hulet as Director of Culture and Care
- Horizon House Hires Cathleen McGaffigan as Director of Marketing
- Horizon House Residents & the Spirit of Giving
- Horizon House Adds 18 Apartments in Assisted Living Expansion
- Horizon House Converts to Steam Heat
- Horizon House Hires New CEO, Sara McVey
- Bob Anderson Reflects on Retirement
- Horizon House Resident Donates $10M to ACLU
- Horizon House and Food Lifeline together create 1,412 meals and decrease the amount of edible food tossed into the compost stream
- Welcome new Chief Operating Officer Ed Mawe
- City of Seattle report on energy benchmarking highlights Horizon House’s excellent performance
- 2013 LeadingAge “Award of Honor” Goes to Bob Anderson
- Horizon House spends $6M on remodel of common areas
- Former Board of Trustees President Fletch Waller opines on what makes Horizon House the leading retirement community in the region
Newsletters and Other Publications
- A Commitment to Community, Possibility Paper, March 2017
- Fit for Growth – Facing the Future, Possibility Paper, December 2016
- Diversity at Horizon House, A Work in Progress, Possibility Paper, July 2016
- Committed to Green, Horizon House a Leader in Sustainability, Possibility Paper, April 2016
- Resident-Driven! A Key Aspect of Life at Horizon House, Possibility Paper, February-March 2016
- Good & Good for You, Healthy Eating Supports a Healthy Planet, Possibility Paper, January 2016
- Supported Living, An Innovative Health Care Model, Possibility Paper, November 2015
- Spring/Summer 2015 “Creative Living” Newsletter
- Fall/Winter 2014 “Creative Living” Newsletter
- Spring/Summer 2014 “Creative Living” Newsletter
- Fall/Winter 2013 “Live Creatively” Newsletter
- Tech Times Vol. 1, No. 1, First Quarter 2014
- Tech Times Vol. 1, No. 2, Second Quarter 2014
- Tech Times Vol. 1, No. 3, Third Quarter 2014
- Tech Times Vol. 1, No. 4, Fourth Quarter 2014
- Tech Times Vol. 2, No. 1, First Quarter 2015
- Tech Times Special Edition, June 2015
- Horizon House 2013 Annual Report
- Horizon House 2014 Annual Report
- Philanthropy Report 2015
- A Tribute to Bill Stark, Retiring Chair of the Gardening Committee
- Horizon House Residents Assistance Fund 2014
- Washington Post-Sponsored “Caregiving in America” – Seattle conference videos, including conversations with Rick Steves and Horizon House resident Alene Moris
- A Brief History of Medicare, by the Kaiser Family Foundation