Each month, we focus on a resident, giving residents, staff, and community partners a chance to get to know our residents. This month, we’re shining a spotlight on resident Laurie Anderson.
- When did you first come to Horizon House?
My late husband, Dick, and I moved to the Central Tower in 2005 waiting for the North Tower to be built, moved here in August 2007.
- What are your favorite activities at Horizon House?
My favorite activities….oh, my goodness!!!!……OK Chorale, String Alongs ukulele group, Travel planning, employees holiday party, photography, and many more. I especially enjoy water aerobics and stretch and strength classes!
- What do you like to do outside of Horizon House?
Maui is where my heart 🌴 is….having spent my honeymoon there. Plus, I enjoy time with family and Ballard High classmates (a bunch of us still get together once a month!).
- What is something interesting about yourself that no one at Horizon House may know?
Only a few residents know that I, along with a few other women here, provide meals every Sunday every month to homeless woman at St. Mark’s Cathedral.
- You love to travel. What is your favorite place to travel? Where is one place you haven’t been that you would like to go?
My favorite place to travel will always be Maui, HI. The memories help me when I’m down. I’ve travelled extensively but I was disappointed when, on a cruise, I could not go to Jerusalem because of problems in the country.